Monday, January 8, 2018

Make Nine 2018




My IG handle is @plain_jane_doe_45



After I finish my Tamarack.....

First Row:

Jalie Eleonore pants. I own the pattern and have high hopes based on the many positive reviews I've read. Fabric? Who knows. Unable to think past the muslin.
 
Indicum pullover. This is the only project for which I have materials, Knit Picks Capretta in cream. The three sweaters I own are all cardigans, so this will get a lot of wear. 

Grainline Lark tee. My go-to pattern has been Deer & Doe's Plantain, but the fabric really needs to have *just* the right drape. I'm thinking this design will work with the snappier knits that are more widely available.


Second Row: 

100 Acts of Sewing Pants No. 1. I made a pair of these in black eyelet last summer and they fit right out of the envelope. I'll make at least one more pair, this time in peppered cotton or brussels washer.

Blueprints for Sewing A-Frame Skirt. Leaning towards denim, inspired by the skirts in the new Eileen Fisher collection. I own one skirt and this will be a much-needed addition.

A Verb for Keeping Warm Prism dress. Maybe double gauze? I own one dress, of the cocktail-y variety, so an "everyday" dress will be another gap-filler.


Third Row:

A Verb for Keeping Warm Endless Summer Tunic or 100 Acts of Sewing Dress No. 3 . Looking for a casual "uniform" for our blistering summers.

A Verb for Keeping Warm Nell shirt. Yay, popovers! Boo, buttonholes! A fear I really ought to confront. Next year! Looking at Brussels washer.

TBD. Contenders, all knitting: Rondeur, Kitty's Chemise, Jasseron, Turtleneck Jacket



No comments:

Post a Comment