Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Three New Tricks




1. Warm Water with Lemon

I started drinking this as a substitute for my General Foods International Coffee arrival-at-work habit. Mid-afternoon fatigue has driven me to seek out every possible culprit, but the embarrassment of typing "General Foods International Coffee" should have been motivation enough to quit. Anyhow, warm water with lemon is surprisingly enjoyable (even without honey) and meets my need for self-soothing via warm beverage. 







2. Writing 

In a notebook, with a pen. I read The Artist's Way years ago but never got into the morning pages habit. I don't do the prescribed three pages and I write in the afternoon, but it clears my head and wakes me up. 


3.  Strength Training & Stretching

20 minutes, every other day. Unless it's realllly windy or <30 degrees outside, I look forward to running errands on my bike or jogging several times a week. Sit ups, crunches, push ups, not so much...to say nothing of stretching. My new "routine" consists of two reps each of 15 chest flies and 15 tricep-somethings on a Swiss ball, one run-through of this core routine (ignore shame-y illustration) and two of these stretches.

Learning any new tricks or habits lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment