Monday, April 2, 2018

Minimal Monday: It's Just Stuff

Over the past 6 weeks I've culled my wardrobe via eBay and Goodwill. I sold three small, lightweight items on eBay and donated the rest. Partly for convenience and partly because I've nabbed amazing finds over my decades of second-hand shopping and I wanted to put some good vibes out there.

Two of the eBay'd items would retail for $180 each; the third item would cost $160. They brought in $150 total. They were in great condition with original boxes, but the designs weren't rare enough to incite a bidding war.

The lesson? After you fork over your life energy in the form of hard-earned $$, stuff is just...stuff. Taylor-Burton diamond aside, the value of most objects lies solely in the enjoyment that you get from owning and using them. Choose wisely, future self.



No comments:

Post a Comment