Sunday, December 31, 2017

goals

photo: focus..damn it!


Eating
-Just get back to normal. [Remember that a day with out Christmas cookies and bourbon-spiked eggnog does not equal starvation rations.]

Shopping 
-Don't, at least until April. I have a relatively small amount of debt and there's no reason it shouldn't be paid off by the end of the first quarter.
-Exceptions:  Fabric for the Jalie Eleonore pattern that's been sitting on my sewing table, and supplies (zipper and bias tape) to finish my in-progress Tamarack jacket. Which brings me to....

Creating 
-Find that ever-elusive balance between product and process. I primarily wear neutrals, so maybe don't knit any more brightly-colored lace shawls.


These only see the light of day when I open my closet.

Instead focus on useful things, like this Tamarack:

Quilting the back. 


Listening
-Pay attention and listen deeply. Notice when my mind wanders to my Ravelry queue or mountain of laundry or diet coke.


Onward and upward!



1 comment:

  1. I'll join you on your "don't shop" goal. :) Love the quote from HHDL

    ReplyDelete