Sunday, January 7, 2018

One Week In





The first week of 2018 has been a productive one, no doubt thanks to the spring-like weather (minus the dusty nap-inducing winds that we'll get in March).


Eating/Health/Fitness
Christmas cookie consumption down via attrition; jogging up thanks to the warm temps that are simultaneously morale-boosting and frightening given that it's January. My heart aches for the residents of Boston whose cars are trapped in chunks of ice due to lack of global warming. But I digress; this is the fitness part of the check-in! We received four boxes of chocolates as gifts (3 lbs total). I appreciate the built-in portion control.

photo: Buffetts. 

Shopping 
I'm inordinately proud that I haven't, which reveals the frequency of my habit and suggests that I better keep my arrogance in check. The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao, yada yada.


Creating 
I've been working on useful things, per my goal of balancing product and process. I finished quilting my Tamarack jacket and made two practice welt pockets. I'm in it to win it and am whipping out the rhyming cliches. When my interfacing arrives I'll insert the pockets into the garment itself.

I also cast on some fingerless mitts to wear in my cold office, if it ever gets cold again. And I did two swatches for my Indium pullover.

How's your 2018 been so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment