Monday, February 26, 2018

A Duo of Vogue 8151's

I chose to add that apostrophe for clarity. Just saying.

Vogue 8151 (OOP) is a t-shirt/sweatshirt/sweater hybrid. Like tofu it adapts to its ingredients. I made two recently, using fabrics from my double-knit bender at Emma One Sock.

The first one is a wool-blend ponte. Worn to a concert 2 weeks ago:




The second is made from a double-knit that's unlike anything I've ever encountered. Up close (as in squinting with magnifying glass) you can see the knitted construction, but it "reads" as a stretchy felted flannel. The finished darts gave me some pause and before I hemming I was ready to chuck it. In the end I feel I look very La Garconne. Or at least a la cinquantaine.


Have mirror; will travel to different parts of the house to shoot photos.
I need a better set up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment