Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Check-In

I started this blog at the end of 2017 to chronicle the year leading up to my 50th birthday, and to document my progress toward my goals.

So far I’ve mostly blogged about sewing but other stuff has happened too. Like shopping. I fell off the wagon to the tune of 5 yards of wool double-knit that popped up after months of an online wool double-knit drought. (Whither Vogue 8151?)  

Still, I’ve discovered that an amazing thing happens when you don’t shop: you don’t spend money and that money will be available for other things later on. Buying less is critical to buying-less-but-better. Eureka.

Shopping aside I’m trying to be mindful of my consumption in general. I’ve stopped reading all but a few “style blogs”—a lot of content aimed at (and created by) women over 45 preaches self-actualization via eyebrow pencil and handbags and it’s not doing me any good.

However I’m still consuming cookies on the daily, which *is* doing me some good.

Do you have any 2018 goals? How are they coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment