Thursday, March 15, 2018

Modules: Spring & Summer

Last week I reorganized my clothing into four modules: Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter Work, and Home/Errands/Dates. My previous post described my clothing organization as "Six Items or Less/Miss Minimalist  mashup";  that's not the case unless "around six"= 12 or fewer. 

Here are my Spring/Summer versions. I'm using the terms "spring" and "summer" to refer to temperatures above 65 degrees (mid-April through early October in Abq). My original Make Nine plans will likely be modified to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately, there are no cool re-purposed-pipe garment racks in this post. 


Spring/Summer Work 
(10 pieces, not including shoes and bags)



  • Eileen Fisher Washable Crepe pants in black, gray, and taupe. Purchased new in 2015-16. I wear these all year. The black pair is almost 3 years old and still looks great. 
  • Eileen Fisher silk jersey tank, thrifted 2014. I wear this year-round and it could also have date applications.
  • Pendleton Cotton Cardigan, purchased on eBay in 2016. This will likely be its last summer. 
  • Not pictured: Boden raglan three-quarter sleeve tee, purchased in December. Like the pants this is worn year-round (so far).




Shoes & Bags: Dress-ual sandals, black ballet flats, gray pumps, fabric loafers (on their last leg) and black crossbody (not pictured).  

To make: Solid-colored tees, likely using Jalie 3245 because the linen tees I love (see below) have curved hems. A steel-gray Rondeur because I have the yarn and the pattern. Looking forward, a black cardigan. 




Spring/Summer Home/Errands/Dates 
(8 pieces, not including shoes and bags)




  • Lands End flat-front chinos in beige and orange. Points for flat-fronted-ness. Purchased summer 2017 out of desperation. 
  • Ann Taylor Loft linen tees in red and black. Purchased 2016-17. These are surprisingly awesome.
  • Maroon gauze tunic. Thrifted 2017.



Shoes & Bags: Leopard bag and beige perforated flats. I could use sandals and "trainers." This bag clashes with the prints I own and really doesn't "go" with much that I have, but I can't let it go.

To make: Denim skirt, likely Sew House Seven's Alberta Street pattern instead of the A Frame skirt because body type and flattery. A date-ier top and possibly some denim Eleonores. Also dreaming of an Endless Summer tunic(s) and leggings to replace the chinos. Will likely need some type of cardigan to ward off air conditioning. 


Donated

I never wore the book. 


So that is what largely unintentional shopping/making looks like, and frankly I was surprised to find any coherence at all under the kudzu. The realization that I have enough comfortable and reasonably flattering clothing for the spring and summer months takes a lot of the pressure of off producing. (More on that next week.) 








2 comments:

  1. I am so fascinated by capsule wardrobes! You may have inspired me to try one myself for a few days (the 10x10 challenge?).

    ReplyDelete