Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Cocooned


Mothra attacks!


This is Jalie's Cocoon Cardigan (#3353), sewn up in a dark gray cotton blend sweater knit from Cali Fabrics.

Still figuring out the tripod. I had a choice between dignity and a level photo and you can see what won out.

This was the first time I that wished I had a serger; maybe for the upcoming 5-0. I used Jalie's suggested method of zigzagging the very edges of the fabric and then sewing the .25 seam, which definitely looks more polished. Good thing, because the band flaps open now and then. Still love it though.


Zigzag + Straight Stitch


Topstitching the bands makes a big difference in how the final garment looks, and I'm surprised the instructions didn't include that step when they took the trouble to specify "pin[ning] generously."

But that's a pretty minor niggle for a great pattern. I could see a cold-weather version in merino knit.


Cropped head, funhouse angle outtake.



No comments:

Post a Comment