Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Alberta Street Skirt


Pockets!!!!


Every so often, I shed my post-apocalyptic-Junior-League togs for date night.

I made Sew House Seven's Alberta Street Pencil Skirt with dates in mind (my office doesn't allow denim). The directions are incredibly clear and thorough. Based on the finished garment measurements I sewed a size 12. The pattern envelope suggests picking the size based on your body measurements, and tells you not to worry about the negative ease because of stretch fabric's girdling properties. But I chickened out. (The fabric is a deep indigo denim from Robert Kaufman.)

Before installing the waist facing I tried it on and marked the areas to take in. It measured 1/4" on each side: the difference between a 10 and a 12. D'oh! So now I have a size 10 skirt with size 12 pockets. Barely noticeable, but still....maybe follow directions.



1 comment: