Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Jalie 3880




It's been a while. I've been sewing but not blogging, mostly because I really do not enjoy posing in front of a tripod.

So it's back to selfies, this time at work and with a fancy-to-me phone.

This is Jalie 3880, one of their new patterns. It looks vaguely Japonesque or vaguely medical, depending on pose and choice of fabric. This is a drapey knit from Marcy Tilton. (The pattern specifies a "fluid knit with nice drape" but I think that it could look Jil Sander-y and sculptural in a ponte.)

The deep armholes are flattering and a nifty facing covers what needs to be covered. I'm tempted to take this silhouette up a notch and try A Verb for Keeping Warm's Uptown Top.

And speaking of Verb, tomorrow it's supposed to be 100 here so I'll be breaking out (and photographing) the Endless Summer Tunic I made last month.

Stay cool, people. And I mean literally.

1 comment: