Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Car Kntting



Appliqued knitting bag (CF's Ebb pattern)

Three mornings a week I have a free hour between dropping off my daughter at her high school and going to work. I usually spend that time knitting and listening to podcasts. (Up First and The Daily, so that I can sit in the car and agree with myself.) 

While my Tamarack percolates (awaiting welt fabric and a 27" zipper) I've started the first of my make nine projects, the Indicum sweater. The neckline has a corrugated ribbing trim so I rifled through my drawer for my yarn guide. 



I'd never used it before, and I was pleasantly surprised! I knit continental and this little gadget actually keeps the strands separated. (Respect to all the knitters who carry yarn in both hands to do color work). "Picking" the yarn towards the bottom of the "vee" (close to the needles) helps with tension. For < $2 you really can't ask for more than that. 

Do you do color work?  What's your preferred method?

No comments:

Post a Comment