Thursday, January 18, 2018

My Year in Color



Emily Quinton of Makelight has developed a free tool that will analyze your 2017 instagram feed and provide a  graphic "report" of the predominant colors in your posts. Apparently my feed had a chronic sinus infection last year.

What is this palette reflects is *a lot* of resources (time, energy, money) spent on a project that sits abandoned in a basket. It was fun to work on in the moment, but I'm not particularly motivated to finish it (mostly because it would require at least $100 in additional materials and 15+ hours of sewing). In retrospect a coloring book or a jigsaw puzzle might have scratched the color-and-spatial-reasoning itch.

I doubt that I'll document my every project on Instagram, but I'll keep my color map in mind as I ask myself how I want to look back on 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment